Now that all the contenders have been chosen, I think probably 99% of us ALREADY know who we’re voting for. (I don’t want to know who that is…keep it to yourself) We could have the election tomorrow and get this pain over with quickly.
For the next few months, I will be avoiding the general media like the plague. I would rather do just about anything than be bombarded with the lies and rumors that are about to be plastered all over the media.
But here’s my list of Top Ten Things I’d Rather Do Than Follow the Name Calling and Mud Slinging until November (and possibly beyond).
- Read War and Peace – no offense to Leo Tolstoy, I’m sure it’s a lovely novel, I just don’t think I have the time.
- Gouge my eyes out with a hot poker – okay, in truth, I’d probably never do this, but rather than enduring the next three months of the mud slinging and name calling, this might be the more humane option.
- Be a contestant on “Naked and Afraid.” The thought of traipsing naked through the jungles of South America with torrential rains and spiders as big as my head sounds much tamer than any debate that may or may not happen. Only place worse would be Australia where nearly everything can kill you (no offense to my readers from Down Under – you are far braver than I).
- Take up jogging. If you know me, and you see me running, then start running too, because someone or something is likely chasing me.
- Take a job as a telemarketer – no explanation needed.
- Do my taxes…and yours too.
- Wait at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Juggle knives while blindfolded.
- Algebra (or any math for that matter).
- Get a colonoscopy.
What about you? Will you be watching the mayhem or avoiding it?